Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is an easy way to make ice cream without an ice cream maker. I did this when i was a kid in Girl Scouts working on a cooking badge. It is fun for all the kids both big and small.
- You will also need: 1 lg (#10) empty (coffee can) can and 1 sm 16 oz empty (coffee can) can.
- Place ingredients in small size coffee can and mix with spoon.
- Seal the can with duct tape and place inside a larger size coffee can.
- Surround small can with ice and layers of rock salt.
- Seal large tin with duct tape.
- Roll or toss can for 20-30 minutes adding ice and salt to the larger can once or twice (this may not be necessary if done outdoors in the winter).
- Pack again with ice or place in freezer and let stand for 20 minutes before serving.
my daughter has been a girl scout leader for 12 years, and has made this numerous times. She does it for family get togethers also. It's really good, and kids, and adults both have a lot of fun kicking the can around, instead rolling or tossing it.