1 hr 5 mins
This is an easy way to make ice cream without an ice cream maker. I did this when i was a kid in Girl Scouts working on a cooking badge. It is fun for all the kids both big and small.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1You will also need: 1 lg (#10) empty (coffee can) can and 1 sm 16 oz empty (coffee can) can.
- 2Place ingredients in small size coffee can and mix with spoon.
- 3Seal the can with duct tape and place inside a larger size coffee can.
- 4Surround small can with ice and layers of rock salt.
- 5Seal large tin with duct tape.
- 6Roll or toss can for 20-30 minutes adding ice and salt to the larger can once or twice (this may not be necessary if done outdoors in the winter).
- 7Pack again with ice or place in freezer and let stand for 20 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top Frozen Desserts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Frozen Desserts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kick-The-Can-Ice Cream
Serving Size: 1 (655 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 481.2
- Calories from Fat 305
- Total Fat 33.9 g
- Saturated Fat 20.6 g
- Cholesterol 190.5 mg
- Sodium 93.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 33.6 g
- Protein 6.3 g