Recipe by M.W. Martin
This is a fantastic chili you can serve to your meat-lovin' friends and I GUARANTEE they'll never know it's not chock-full of beef! Great for a summer cookout or lunch anytime. Serve hot with cheese, extra onions and cornbread... Can be preped in a crockpot too.
- 1 (30 ounce) can pinto beans
- 1 (30 ounce) can kidney beans
- 1 (30 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (30 ounce) cancrushed & seeded tomatoes
- 2 cups good quality beer
- 2 green chili peppers or 2 red chili peppers, seeded and diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1 medium white onion
- 36 ounces vegetarian ground beef
- 3 tablespoons red chili powder
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons cumin powder
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 teaspoons sea salt
- 2 teaspoons fresh black pepper
- 30 dashes Tabasco sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Place all canned goods in large saucepan on medium heat.
- Crumble veggie beef into mix and add each additional ingredient, one at a time, stirring in to incorporate.
- Bring to a full simmer on medium heat and stir in corn starch to thicken.
- Reduce heat and allow to simmer for 2-3 hours OR crock-pot it overnight.
- Tastes better the longer you cook it!