Recipe by Montana Heart Song
This can be served sliced or shredded. It is moist, flavorable and virtually watch free and laborless. This will fill (3) 12 inch hoagie buns, then add cheese and other condiments if desired. Nine sandwiches if buns cut in thirds. This recipe can be doubled easily.
- 3 turkey thighs
- 1 1⁄2 cups citrus vinaigrette dressing
- 1 cup lime garlic salsa
- 3 -6 hot whole banana peppers
Directions See How It's Made
- Place turkey thighs in the crock pot.
- Add the Citrus Splash over the top of the thighs, lift them up so the marinate get under the thighs.
- Turn the heat to high.
- Cook for 2 hours, raise lid, turn the thighs over.
- Add the salsa on top of the thighs only.
- Place the banana peppers on top of the thighs.
- Cook another 2 hours.
- Lift thighs out and slice or shred.
- Chop banana peppers with seeds left.
- I also brush the buns with salad dressing before adding the meat.