Recipe by Audrey M
You can serve this meat as a sandwich or as a main course.
Top Review by Stephie Biggs
VERY tasty! I love the vinegary taste! I had already made this recipe someone else had given me and looked up on Zaar so that I could rate it and have it in my cookbook. I am making it tonight, (to cook overnight) but skipped the pickled vegetables and will add sliced onions in the AM and let them cook a while. We eat this meat shredded on hogie buns topped with provolone cheese. Mmmmmm, mmmmmm, good!
- 4 lbs rump roast
- 12 ounces spicy pickled mixed vegetables (peppers, carrots, cauliflower, etc)
- 1 (16 ounce) jar pepperoncini peppers
- 1 packagae Italian salad dressing mix
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can beef broth
Directions See How It's Made
- Sprinkle some of dry Italian salad dressing in the bottom of crockpot.
- Place roast in and sprinkle the rest of dressing on top of roast.
- Place pepperoncini peppers and pickled mixed vegetables along the side of the roast.
- Gently pour in beef broth.
- Cook for 18 hours.
- Yes, 18 hours.
- I use a light timer to turn on my crockpot at midnight so I don't have to stay up late.
- To serve, shred roast just in crockpot to absorb the juices.
- Use a slotted spoon to place in rolls topped with cheese of your choice.
- Mozzarella works the best.
- I also have served this with bake potato, side salad, and mixed vegetables.