1/1 Photo of Kick Butt Apple Pie
1 hr 15 mins
Mommie Cooks's Note:
A delicious finish to your Thanksgiving feast!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For the crust
For the Pie
- 1To make the dough, you'll want to add your flour and salt to a bowl. Now cut up your butter into small squares and add it into the flour, a few squares at a time, using either a fork or a pastry blender.
- 2Add in the water and mix it up to form a dough.
- 3Stick the dough in the fridge to chill and let's start working on the filling.
- 4Grab up your brown sugar, butter, maple syrup, salt, vanilla, almond extract, flour, cream, cinnamon, and nutmeg and dump them into a small pot.
- 5Turn your heat to medium and let the mixture cook up. When it reaches boiling, remove it from the heat and set aside.
- 6Pull your dough back out and cut it into two equal pieces. Roll the first piece out to fit your pie pan and lay it inside.
- 7Cut off the excess and crimp your crust all pretty like.
- 8Now add in your apples.
- 9Now it's time to roll out your second piece of dough. Roll it out to the size of your pie top. Grab a pizza cutter and cut about 14-16 1/2" strips from the dough.
- 10Lattice up your pie.
- 11The last step is to take your sauce and carefully pour it over the top of the pie.
- 12Now pop your pie in the oven at 375 for 40 minutes. You might want to put another pan under your pie as well to catch any drippings.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kick Butt Apple Pie
Serving Size: 1 (168 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 356.2
- Calories from Fat 169
- Total Fat 18.8 g
- Saturated Fat 11.7 g
- Cholesterol 49.9 mg
- Sodium 123.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 23.5 g
- Protein 2.9 g