Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 mins
To the untrained eye this doesn't look much cop but it's such a good dish you just gotta try it! The jalapeños are essential as is the sour cream and guacamole. I've given the beef version below but I also like using shredded chicken, onions and garlic, with black pepper and cayenne instead of the chilli con carne. A complete meal in itself and damn fine one at that.
- 100 g tortilla chips (approx)
- 8 slices pickled jalapeno peppers (approx)
- 8 tablespoons leftover chili, con carne heated through (approx)
- 6 tablespoons salsa, heated through (can use pasta sauce)
- 80 g grated cheese (approx)
- 4 tablespoons guacamole (approx)
- 2 tablespoons sour cream (approx)
- Assemble the Nachos on individual plates. Try to distribute the ingredients evenly, in little pockets, throughout the nachos including the cheese but reserving some to sprinkle on top.
- Microwave for 2 minutes making sure the cheese is melted and top with guacamole and sour cream.
- Eat with your hands and get really messy. Fantastic!
pretty good using shredded chicken, onions, black pepper and cayenne
Kickass is the perfect word to describe these
Good stuff! I used leftover chicken chili with the peppers and onions suggested in the description and homemade guacamole. Thanks for sharing!