1 hr 40 mins
This is the kibbee that I've learned how to make a teenager. I do not have a meat grinder, and it still turns out well. I also tend to add more pine nuts and allspice than the recipe calls for as my family and I enjoy the taste of them.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb coarsely ground lamb or 1 lb beef
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons pine nuts
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice and a dash black pepper
- 1Filling: In skillet, add meat and butter. Fry on medium heat until half done and most of liquid has disappeared.
- 2Stir in remaining ingredients and continue cooking for approximately ten minutes.
- 3Remove from heat and set aside.
- 5Wash burghul, drain and set aside for 30 minutes.
- 6Grind lamb (or beef) and onion through fine meat grinder (if you don't have a grinder, I use a blender or food processor to puree the onions and mix well into the meat.).
- 7Add seasoning to meat and mix.
- 8Add burghul, mix well - if you have grinder, grind it all together twice.
- 9Knead meat well, using a little ice water to soften.
- 10Grease a 10x14 baking pan (9x13 is fine) with butter.
- 11Divide kibbee in half, and spread first half over bottom of pan. Dip hand in ice water frequently to help smooth out meat.
- 12Spread filling evenly over first layer.
- 13Spread second half of kibbee over filling by forming patties in palms and cover entire surface. Use ice water to smooth meat.
- 14Score kibbee with knife into diamond shapes. Run knife around edges of pan to loosen meat from the side of the pan.
- 15Make a hole in the center of kibbee with finger tip. Let rest at least one hour before baking.
- 16Heat oven to 450 degrees. Pour 2/3 cup mazola oil over top of kibbee.
- 17Bake on lowest shelf until bottom is brown, about 40 minutes.
- 18Serve with pita bread.
Browse Our Top Lamb/Sheep Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kibbie Seniyeh (Pan Baked Kibbee)
Serving Size: 1 (100 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 408.1
- Calories from Fat 324
- Total Fat 36.0 g
- Saturated Fat 11.5 g
- Cholesterol 77.7 mg
- Sodium 987.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 0.9 g
- Protein 18.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: