Posted by request. Meat must be fresh and has to be prepared and eaten the same day!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2-2 cups very fine bulgur
- 1 medium red onion, quartered
- 2 lbs lean leg of lamb, cut into 1 inch cubes (or beef)
- 2 teaspoons salt, to taste
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1/4 cup ice, small chips (optional)
- 1Wash bulgur in a bowl, drain, and cover with warm water.
- 2Set aside.
- 3Place onion in container of food processor and process until pureed.
- 4Remove half and set aside.
- 5Add half of meat and half of seasonings.
- 6Cover and process to a paste.
- 7Remove cover and scrape mixture into large bowl.
- 8Repeat with the rest of the onion, meat and spices.
- 9Mix it all together well.
- 10Drain bulgur and squeeze out excess liquid-you can use a clean dish towel or just your hands.
- 11Divide meat mixture in half.
- 12Place half of mixture in container of food processor.
- 13Sprinkle a few ice chips (if using) over and add half of the bulgur.
- 14Process until well mixed, scrape into a large bowl.
- 15Repeat with remaining meat, ice chips and bulgur.
- 16Smooth prepared kibbeh onto platter with fingertips that have been dipped into water.
- 17Make a criss-cross indentation over surface with side of your hand.
- 18Pour some olive oil over entire surface, surround platter with scallions, parsley and mint sprigs.
- 19Serve with pita bread, pickles and radishes.
- 20Or serve oil and while scallions, mint sprigs in a separate bowl.
- 21(ALTERNATIVE WAY TO MAKE,is to grind the meat in a meat grinder with the fine disk two times. Grate the onion with a fine grater. Mix the meat onions and spices together in a large bowl. Add the bulgur and knead together for about 15 minutes until it is li).
- 22VARIATION TO SERVE- Pinch off aout 2-inch pieces of mixture and shape into cylinders.
- 23Roll in the chopped parsley and scalions.
- 24KEEP THIS COLD AND SERVE AS SOON AS YOU CAN AFTER MAKING IT!
Browse Our Top Lamb/Sheep Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kibbeh Naye ( Raw Meat With Bulgur)
Serving Size: 1 (182 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 441.5
- Calories from Fat 189
- Total Fat 21.0 g
- Saturated Fat 8.8 g
- Cholesterol 101.3 mg
- Sodium 876.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.5 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 33.2 g