1/1 Photo of Kibbee Sineea (Baked Spiced Kibbee)
Lightly Toasted's Note:
Mmm, I love kibbee......this is the way my grandmother and "the aunties" made it when I was a kid
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Soak wheat for one hour.
- 2Squeeze to drain.
- 3Brown pine nuts and onions lightly over med-low heat.
- 4Remove from heat.
- 5Combine meat, wheat, and seasonings.
- 6Mix and knead for approx 10 minutes (Kitchen Aid is handy for this!) Divide in half.
- 7Form one layer in an 8x8 buttered baking dish.
- 8Top with onion and pine nut mixture, spreading evenly over meat.
- 9Lay on top layer of meat, pressing down (this is important), and smoothing.
- 10Run a spatula along the outer ridge, forming a ridge for the absorption of butter.
- 11Dip the spatula in cold water and start make cuts the length of the pan.
- 12Then go back across "crosswise" forming diamond shaped pieces.
- 13Glaze top with 3 tbsp melted butter.
- 14Bake at 400°F for 20-30 minutes or until browned.
- 15Serve with sour cream, if desired.
Browse Our Top Lamb/Sheep Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kibbee Sineea (Baked Spiced Kibbee)
Serving Size: 1 (178 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 378.4
- Calories from Fat 271
- Total Fat 30.1 g
- Saturated Fat 11.8 g
- Cholesterol 73.7 mg
- Sodium 374.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 2.6 g
- Protein 16.5 g