2 hrs 10 mins
This soup is a refreshing accompaniment to any Indian dish. Leave out the sour cream and it becomes a cooling Indian drink called, "Laasee." Note the "heat" factor can be controlled by the amount of cayenne pepper that is added, the recipe as posted is a medium "heat". Cooking time is minimum chilling time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a Large bowl, add Buttermilk and Sour Cream, blend with a whisk or electric mixer till smooth.
- 2Stir in Salt, Masala and Cayenne Pepper.
- 3If desired, fold in grated cucumber or carrot.
- 4Cover and chill at least two hours, overnight is best.
- 5Serve cold.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Khuta (A Soup from the Punjab Region of India)
Serving Size: 1 (239 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 226.6
- Calories from Fat 132
- Total Fat 14.7 g
- Saturated Fat 9.1 g
- Cholesterol 36.1 mg
- Sodium 870.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 11.8 g
- Protein 10.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: