Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This soup is a refreshing accompaniment to any Indian dish. Leave out the sour cream and it becomes a cooling Indian drink called, "Laasee." Note the "heat" factor can be controlled by the amount of cayenne pepper that is added, the recipe as posted is a medium "heat". Cooking time is minimum chilling time.
- 1 quart buttermilk
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon masala
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 cucumber, grated (optional)
- 1 carrot, grated (optional)
- In a Large bowl, add Buttermilk and Sour Cream, blend with a whisk or electric mixer till smooth.
- Stir in Salt, Masala and Cayenne Pepper.
- If desired, fold in grated cucumber or carrot.
- Cover and chill at least two hours, overnight is best.
- Serve cold.
This was really good. I used some Chat Masala from the Indian store and used two carrots which I shredded with my food processor. I will try with the cucumber next time. The flavor was fantanstic and it was very refreshing. Thanks for sharing this one.