Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
My family love Indian, food this is one that I have made for years and I just love it on it's own with nan bread, or you can use this as a side dish or with rice. It's very versatile, you can make it thick or thin depending on your taste, we like it very hot but for this recipe I have only used 1/2 teaspoon of chilli powder but you can use a bit more if you like. This serves 4 as a side dish but if it is served as a dish on it's own I would say that it serves 2
- 325 g white mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 2 -3 cloves of crushed garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped coriander
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons besan flour, sieved (chick pea flour)
- 200 ml water
- Wash mushrooms and cut them in quarters.
- Heat the oil on a medium heatand add the garlic.
- Allow the garlic to turn slightly brown and add the mushrooms.
- Stir and and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the salt, chilli and coriander stir and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the lemon juice and mix well.
- Sprinkle the flour over the mushroom mixture, stir and mix immediately.
- cook for a few seconds then add water mix well till you have a nice sauce.
This was very good and could be great. I think there was a little something off on the spice profile. But it was a great side dish for my Indian dinner and I will definitely make it again to have a chance to play around with the spices. I really liked the besan flour - it added a richness to the sauce I don't think you'd get with regular flour. Made for ZWT6 by a Looney Spooner.