1/2 Photos of Khubz Arabi (Pita or Flat Bread)
2 hrs 10 mins
These are Excellent! This recipe takes some time to accomplish, but the end result is a little magic in the kitchen and so satisfying as a cook! The cooking time is per batch - this makes 24 and you'll probably have to do at least 4 batches in your oven depending on the size (of your oven). At least, much of the prep time is inactive time while waiting for the dough to rise. All in all, they are pretty easy to make (if not on a time schedule).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large bowl, scatter the yeast over the warm water and stir until dissolved.
- 2Add the salt.
- 3While kneading constantly, gradually add 6 cups of flour and 2 tablespoons of oil until the dough is smooth and elastic. Continue to add more flour if the dough still sticks to your hands.
- 4Put the dough into a large, greased bowl and turn dough to grease all sides of it.
- 5Cover with a dry tea towel and let rise in a warm place until doubled in size, about 1 1/2 hours.
- 6Preheat oven to 375-degrees F.
- 7Punch dough down gently.
- 8Divide the dough into 24 equal portions and shape them each into smooth balls.
- 9Place on a floured surface and dust tops lightly with flour. Cover with a dry tea towel.
- 10Let rest undisturbed 15 minutes more.
- 11Roll out each ball into a 6-inch diameter circle.
- 12Place on greased baking sheets.
- 13Bake in 375-degree F oven for 10-12 minutes or until the bread puffs. Do not leave baking unattended.
Browse Our Top Flat-Shaped Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Flat-Shaped Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Khubz Arabi (Pita or Flat Bread)
Serving Size: 1 (58 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 125.6
- Calories from Fat 13
- Total Fat 1.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 292.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 3.4 g