1/2 Photos of Khoshaf -- Dried Fruit and Nut Compote (Iran -- Middle East)
Sydney Mike's Note:
This recipe of soaked rather than stewed dried fruit was found in the 2002 cookbook, Mediterranean Street Food. Almost all of the long preparation time is the PASSIVE time needed for the fruits & nuts to soak.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Rinse raisins & dried apricot halves under cold water, then place in a bowl, cover with 1 quart of cold water & let soak 2-3 hours.
- 2Put nuts in a bowl & cover with boiling water & let soak 45 minutes to soften them & freshen their taste.
- 3Transfer fruit & its macerating liquid to a serving bowl, then add the sugar & orange blossom water. Stir until sugar is dissolved.
- 4Rinse & drain the nuts & add to the fruit, mixing well.
- 5Serve immediately or refrigerate.
Browse Our Top Sweet Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Sweet Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Khoshaf -- Dried Fruit and Nut Compote (Iran -- Middle East)
Serving Size: 1 (71 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 293.3
- Calories from Fat 129
- Total Fat 14.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 23.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 32.9 g
- Protein 5.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
orange blossom water