Recipe by littlemafia
I was surprised how much I liked this Iranian stew. Khoreshte Karafs can be made without mint and parsley or you can use 2 teaspoon of dry mint.
- 1⁄2 kg lamb or 1⁄2 kg beef
- 2 bunches celery
- 1 bunch of fresh mint
- 1 bunch fresh parsley
- 3 medium onions
- 1 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄4 cup cooking oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon turmeric & black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Fry the thinly sliced onions in oil until slightly golden.
- Cut the meat and fry in onions with 1/2 teaspoon turmeric and 1/2 teaspoon black pepper until color changes.
- Add 2-3 glasses of hot water and bring to boil.
- Cook over medium heat for about 45 or more minutes, adding more hot water during cooking if needed.
- Wash celery and cut into 3 cm pieces.
- Finely chop mint and parsley and fry slightly in oil.
- Add celery, mint, parsley, salt to the meat and continue cooking for about 20 minutes (celery should not become too soft).
- Add lime juice and sugar to taste and cook for another 3-4 minutes. Taste the juice and adjust to your taste.
- Serve with plain rice.