1 hr 10 mins
I was surprised how much I liked this Iranian stew. Khoreshte Karafs can be made without mint and parsley or you can use 2 teaspoon of dry mint.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Fry the thinly sliced onions in oil until slightly golden.
- 2Cut the meat and fry in onions with 1/2 teaspoon turmeric and 1/2 teaspoon black pepper until color changes.
- 3Add 2-3 glasses of hot water and bring to boil.
- 4Cook over medium heat for about 45 or more minutes, adding more hot water during cooking if needed.
- 5Wash celery and cut into 3 cm pieces.
- 6Finely chop mint and parsley and fry slightly in oil.
- 7Add celery, mint, parsley, salt to the meat and continue cooking for about 20 minutes (celery should not become too soft).
- 8Add lime juice and sugar to taste and cook for another 3-4 minutes. Taste the juice and adjust to your taste.
- 9Serve with plain rice.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Khoreshte Karafs - Celery Stew
Serving Size: 1 (497 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 425.1
- Calories from Fat 240
- Total Fat 26.7 g
- Saturated Fat 7.0 g
- Cholesterol 66.0 mg
- Sodium 550.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.2 g
- Sugars 15.4 g
- Protein 21.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: