Prep 45 mins
Cook 45 mins
An eggplant stew that can be prepared with or without meat. It can be served as a main dish topped with plain yogurt or over rice. Posted by request.
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 2 medium eggplants
- vegetable oil
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 lbs fresh ripe tomatoes, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- plain yogurt
- Peel the eggplants and cut them in 1/4 inch lenghtwise slices.
- Sprinkle 2 tablespoons salt over the sliced eggplants and let sit for half an hour, pat dry.
- Fry the eggplant in oil until lightly browned.
- In a separate skillet, brown the ground beef with the onion, add the tomatoes and 1 tsp salt.
- Simmer for half an hour.
- Serve with yogurt.
This is really, really good!!! i served it over rice but i think pasta or rice noodles would be good, too. I hope you feel better soon!! xoxo Bethie