Recipe by Da Long
This is Cambodian Sesame Pear Beef in Red Curry, adapted from the Sala Bai Hotel School recipe for Stir-fried Beef with Red Chili Powder. Delicious!
Top Review by Irishgal523
Loved this recipe! The pears added an awesome flavor. I used a curry and saffron mix because I didn't have any red curry and it turned out great! If you're in the mood for something exotic but don't want to wander too far outside your comfort zone, this is a great dish to start with! Thanks Da Long!
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 3⁄4 lb beef eye round, very thinly sliced
- 1 Anjou pear, peeled and sliced
- 1 (10 ounce) can pears in heavy syrup
- 6 scallions, 1-inch slices
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons red curry powder (Khmer Curry)
- 2 red chilies
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice the beef as thinly as possible. I recommend freezing briefly before slicing; the colder the easier to thin slice.
- Heat oil on med-hi heat.
- Brown beef in Wok for 1 minute.
- Slice 4 very thin pieces of the fresh pear and set aside for garnish.
- Add Pear, Scallions, Garlic, Soy Sauce, Honey, Curry, and Sesame Seeds.
- Stir-fry until golden, about 2-3 minutes or until fresh pear is soft.
- Garnish with pear and serve with steamed basmati rice.