Da Long's Note:
This is Cambodian Sesame Pear Beef in Red Curry, adapted from the Sala Bai Hotel School recipe for Stir-fried Beef with Red Chili Powder. Delicious!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 3/4 lb beef eye round, very thinly sliced
- 1 Anjou pear, peeled and sliced
- 1 (10 ounce) can pears in heavy syrup
- 6 scallions, 1-inch slices
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons red curry powder (Khmer Curry)
- 2 red chilies
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- 1Slice the beef as thinly as possible. I recommend freezing briefly before slicing; the colder the easier to thin slice.
- 2Heat oil on med-hi heat.
- 3Brown beef in Wok for 1 minute.
- 4Slice 4 very thin pieces of the fresh pear and set aside for garnish.
- 5Add Pear, Scallions, Garlic, Soy Sauce, Honey, Curry, and Sesame Seeds.
- 6Stir-fry until golden, about 2-3 minutes or until fresh pear is soft.
- 7Garnish with pear and serve with steamed basmati rice.
Browse Our Top Steak Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Steak Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Khmer Beef
Serving Size: 1 (294 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 313.4
- Calories from Fat 109
- Total Fat 12.2 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 45.9 mg
- Sodium 1061.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.8 g
- Sugars 22.1 g
- Protein 22.1 g