- 1⁄2 cup rice
- 5 cups milk
- 8 tablespoons sugar
- 5 green cardamoms
- 4 -5 tablespoons raisins, nuts to decorate
Directions See How It's Made
- Rinse the rice under water and place into the pan.
- Add the half of the milk and stir. Cover and cook for 15-20 min until soft. Mash the the mixture for few minutes.
- Then add sugar and remaining milk. Simmer gently for about 10 minutes or until the rice is quite thick in consistency. If the kheer is to thick, add a little extra milk or water.
- Add cardamom and raisins. Remove from the heat and pour into serving dishes.
- Decorate with nuts. Kheer can be served hot or cold.