traditional rice pudding from pakistan & india.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1soak rice in water for 30 minutes
- 2place milk, sugar and cardomom pods in heavy based pan and bring to boil.
- 3add rice, lower heat and simmer one hour.
- 4add raisins and almonds and bring to a low boil.
- 5cook for 50 mins or until it has consistency of porridge.
- 6stir frequently to avoid mixture sticking to base of pan.
- 7serve warm or cold.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kheer (Rice Pudding)
Serving Size: 1 (292 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 293.1
- Calories from Fat 93
- Total Fat 10.3 g
- Saturated Fat 5.0 g
- Cholesterol 25.8 mg
- Sodium 112.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 33.1 g
- Protein 9.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: