Prep 0 mins
Cook 2 hrs
traditional rice pudding from pakistan & india.
- 1⁄3 cup basmati rice
- 1 1⁄2 liters whole milk
- 6 slightly crushed cardamom pods
- 4 ounces caster sugar
- 1 tablespoon chopped raisins
- 3 tablespoons slivered almonds
- soak rice in water for 30 minutes
- place milk, sugar and cardomom pods in heavy based pan and bring to boil.
- add rice, lower heat and simmer one hour.
- add raisins and almonds and bring to a low boil.
- cook for 50 mins or until it has consistency of porridge.
- stir frequently to avoid mixture sticking to base of pan.
- serve warm or cold.