Recipe by Leila***
Another delicious traditional Indian/Pakistani recipe. This is a rice pudding which I absolutely love. serve it well chilled!
- 1⁄3 cup white rice (small grain)
- 10 cups milk (6%)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chopped cardamom seed
- 2 bay leaves
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil milk in a tall pot. Let it simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally so that it doesn't burn.
- Add the rice and the bay leaves into the milk and boil another 20 minutes, until the rice is cooked.
- Stirring, add the sugar, almonds and cardamom.Boil for another 5 minutes and remove from heat.
- The kheer shouldn't be too thick when you take it off the heat, because it thickens while cooling off. But make sure it isn't too runny either. If it DOES turn out too runny, boil it, stirring constantly until it thickens.