Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
A recipe from the Punjab region of India. This is a great dessert to complete any Indian curry meal.
- 1⁄2 gallon half-and-half cream
- 1⁄2 cup long grain rice, uncooked
- 1 cup sugar (or Splenda)
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 cup coconut, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup almonds, slivered
- In a large pot add rice to half and half. Cook at a low simmer for two hours.
- Add sugar, let simmer for another ten minutes.
- Add raisins, coconut and almonds and simmer for ten more minutes.
- Can be served warm or cold.