Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I got this recipe from the Thursday magazine. I made it for dinner tonight. This recipe was submitted by Nafeesa Maheen Azmeer.
- 500 g vermicelli
- 6 tablespoons oil
- 4 large onions, sliced
- 2 tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 cardamoms (green)
- 3 cloves
- 2 tablespoons ginger-garlic paste
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder (optional)
- 2 green chilies
- 4 -5 tablespoons coriander leaves, to garnish
- 6 chicken frankfurters, boiled and sliced (optional)
- 1 teaspoon black pepper (optional)
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 22 teaspoons low-fat plain yogurt
- Heat oil in a skillet.
- Add cinnamon, cloves and cardamoms.
- Add onions and green chillies.
- Stir-fry until golden.
- Add ginger-garlic paste.
- Fry until the raw smell of the same is gone.
- Add turmeric powder, pepper powder and red chilli powder.
- Mix well.
- Saute' for a few minutes.
- Add tomatoes and cook till they form a soft thick gravy.
- Add the chicken franks (boiled and sliced).
- Stir evenly and cover.
- Cook for a minute.
- Simultaneously, boil water in a large pan.
- Add vermicelli (sewaiyan) to it with 3 tbsp oil and salt.
- Cover and cook for 2 minutes.
- Drain and rinse under cold water.
- Add the vermicelli to the gravy.
- Mix well.
- Add the yogurt (whisked).
- Check to see if the dish contains the right amount of salt.
- If not, add right now, ie,in this step of the recipe.
- Cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Garnish with corriander leaves and serve hot with low-fat plain yogurt.
thank you for putting my recipe here....grateful!!