I got this recipe from the Thursday magazine. I made it for dinner tonight. This recipe was submitted by Nafeesa Maheen Azmeer.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 500 g vermicelli
- 6 tablespoons oil
- 4 large onions, sliced
- 2 tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 cardamoms (green)
- 3 cloves
- 2 tablespoons ginger-garlic paste
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder (optional)
- 2 green chilies
- 4 -5 tablespoons coriander leaves, to garnish
- 6 chicken frankfurters, boiled and sliced (optional)
- 1 teaspoon black pepper (optional)
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 22 teaspoons low-fat plain yogurt
- 1Heat oil in a skillet.
- 2Add cinnamon, cloves and cardamoms.
- 3Add onions and green chillies.
- 4Stir-fry until golden.
- 5Add ginger-garlic paste.
- 6Fry until the raw smell of the same is gone.
- 7Add turmeric powder, pepper powder and red chilli powder.
- 8Mix well.
- 9Saute' for a few minutes.
- 10Add tomatoes and cook till they form a soft thick gravy.
- 11Add the chicken franks (boiled and sliced).
- 12Stir evenly and cover.
- 13Cook for a minute.
- 14Simultaneously, boil water in a large pan.
- 15Add vermicelli (sewaiyan) to it with 3 tbsp oil and salt.
- 16Cover and cook for 2 minutes.
- 17Drain and rinse under cold water.
- 18Add the vermicelli to the gravy.
- 19Mix well.
- 20Add the yogurt (whisked).
- 21Check to see if the dish contains the right amount of salt.
- 22If not, add right now, ie,in this step of the recipe.
- 23Cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
- 24Garnish with corriander leaves and serve hot with low-fat plain yogurt.
Browse Our Top Asian Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Khare Sewaiyan (Spicy Vermicelli)
Serving Size: 1 (481 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 759.5
- Calories from Fat 206
- Total Fat 22.9 g
- Saturated Fat 3.6 g
- Cholesterol 1.0 mg
- Sodium 1194.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 119.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.3 g
- Sugars 16.6 g
- Protein 20.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: