Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is my husband's favourite meal. It is so tasty and smells wonderful while cooking. We serve this over rice.
- 1⁄4 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fennel seed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion seeds
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin seed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fenugreek seeds
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 3 garlic cloves, sliced
- 4 tablespoons corn oil
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken, chopped
- 1 sliced fresh tomato
- 1 tablespoon fresh coriander, chopped
- Mix seeds, salt ginger and garlic in a small bowl (i usually double the ginger). Heat the oil in a preheated wok.
- When oil is hot, add spices.
- Add the onion to wok and stir-fry 5-7 minutes.
- Add tomato and chicken to wok and cook over medium heat about 7 minutes or until chicken is cooked. Stir mixture over heat for a further 3-5 minutes, then garnish with coriander.
I made this as directed, finished it, tasted it and then added 1 teaspoon of red chili pwder. It was good, but a bit lacking in flavour compared to the curries we like. I added both the large and medium onion as required, but felt this was too much-one large would have done for us. I know not all curries are "wet" but felt this one was overly dry. Still, it was a good, subtle chicken dish and certainly worth the 4 stars.