Recipe by Charishma_Ramchandani
This awesome crepe delight comes from The Food column by Anjali Vellody titled "Thai's The Way" for the week of January 9-16th'04, Weekend magazine. This is a nice appetiser for a party that will surely stir in happiness and love into it! Enjoy:)
For the filling
- 100 g bamboo shoots, diced finely
- 30 g onions, peeled,washed and diced finely
- 50 g fresh carrots, washed,peeled and chopped finely or shredded
- 50 g black mushrooms, washed and finely chopped
- 30 ml white soy sauce (light)
- 10 g sugar
- 2 teaspoons oil
- white pepper powder
For the crepes
- 1⁄2 cup rough tapioca flour
- 2 tablespoons tapioca flour
- 1 cup rice flour
- 1 tablespoon corn oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
For the dipping sauce
- 1⁄2 cup black soy sauce (dark)
- 1⁄2 cup vinegar
- 1 -2 whole red chile, chopped finely
- 1 cup sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together all the ingredients listed under"For the crepes" to make a smooth and lump-free batter.
- Cover and set aside.
- Then, combine all the ingredients for the dipping sauce in a saucepan.
- Bring to a boil.
- Cook the sauce, on low flame, stirring constantly, until it thickens.
- Set aside.
- Now, prepare the filling.
- To do so, heat oil in a wok or a deep-frying pan.
- Toss in the onions.
- Stir-fry until they smell aromatic.
- Add the remaining veggies.
- Season with soy sauce, salt and white pepper powder.
- Mix everything and cook until the mixture gets dry.
- Keep aside.
- Now, start making the crepes.
- For these, pour 1 tablespoons of the prepared batter on a lightly greased stainless steel plate.
- Rotate the plate in a circular motion to spread the batter evenly.
- Steam the crepe for 3-4 minutes.
- Remove and set aside.
- Repeat the same method for the remaining crepes.
- Place each crepe between a sheet of wax paper to prevent them from sticking together.
- To serve, place a little filling in the middle of each crepe and wrap it.
- Serve the crepes hot or cold, as you please, with the dipping sauce served separately.