Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is an Asian fusion recipe with the flavor of Thailand's Khanom Krok made in the style of a Filipino Puto Mamon. You can use a steamer, and some mini silicone muffin cups (if you don't have the proper puto making kit.)
- 1 1⁄3 cups plain flour
- 1⁄3 cup desiccated coconut
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 egg
- 200 ml sugar
- 250 ml coconut milk
- 1⁄2 cup coconut cream
- 1⁄8 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon glutinous-rice flour
- 1 teaspoon cornflour
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sweet corn
- 6 dried anchovies or 12 dried shrimp, cut and pounded to a dust
- 1 sprig garlic chives, finely chopped
- MUFFINS: Mix together the 1 1/3 cup of flour, dessicated coconut, baking powder, egg, sugar and coconut milk to make a smooth batter.
- Pour the batter to half fill the mini silicone muffin cups.
- Steam the muffins for 5 minutes,.
- TOPPING: Mix together the 1/2 cup coconut CREAM, glutinous rice flour, corn flour, sugar, salt to make the coconut cream topping.
- Take the Muffins at 5 minutes and smear evenly with a small teaspoonful of coconut cream topping mixture, and then sprinkle with dried anchovies dust, corn kernels and garlic chives, then return to steamer for additional 3 minutes.
- Lift from steamer, release gently from silicone molds and serve.