Prep 0 mins
Cook 2 hrs 15 mins
- 4 cups flour
- 1 egg, beaten (optional)
- 10 tablespoons milk
- 3 teaspoons khameer
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon poppy seed
- 1 teaspoon anise seed
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Make khameer 1 night before.
- Sieve flour and salt, add aniseeds and butter.
- Mix well.
- Gradually, add egg, warm milk and khameer.
- Knead well.
- Cover and leave the dough in a warm place for 2 hours.
- Divide the dough into 10 parts.
- Shape them into balls with the help of dry flour.
- Cover and leave them for 15 minutes.
- Flatten each ball into a pancake by tossing it from one hand to the other.
- Now pull one side gradually to make a triangle or oval shape.
- Brush with ghee and sprinkle poppy seeds on one side and a little warm water on the other.
- Stick the moistened surface of the pankcake to the hot wall of the clay oven (tandoor).
- You can use an electric or gas tandoor or you can use a griddle after applying warm water and ghee.
- Place the pancake on a hot griddle, the moistened side down.
- When the lower surface is baked, invert the griddle along with naan over direct heat.
- Allow the upper surface to cook.
- Serve with any barbecued dish.