Prep 0 mins
Cook 25 mins
- 1⁄2 kg gram flour
- 18 g tartaric (Nimbu ka phool)
- 15 g baking soda
- 25 g salt
- 75 g sugar
- 50 g oil
- 2 teaspoons mustard seeds
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- 15 green chilies
- 1⁄2 cup coconut, grated
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- Dissolve salt, tartaric and sugar in water to make a homogenous mixture.
- Sieve the soda into the besan and add it to the mixture.
- Beat well for a long time till the dough appears to rise.
- Put the steamer on the fire with water and heat the deep tray or thali on which the khaman is to be set.
- Pour the batter onto the tray and steam for 25 minutes at medium temperature.
- Cut into pieces.
- Prepare a dressing by taking hot oil and adding mustard seeds, sesame seeds, diced green chillies, sugar and salt.
- Pour onto the khaman and garnish with grated coconut.
- Serve hot.