Prep 5 mins
Cook 4 mins
Its like omelette..but more tasty! This recipe is from the northern side of Pakistan, Peshawar (N.W.F.P) Enjoy!
- 4 eggs, 4 (or as many as you wish!)
- 2 green chilies, 2 (or as many as you wish!)
- 1 tomatoes, 1 (yup.. or as many as you want)
- 1 onion, 1 (..you know the drill by now)
- parsley (less than a handful)
- 1⁄2 green bell pepper, 1/2 (if you wish to use them)
- 1 link sausage (optional)
- oil, for the frying pan (I like to use Extra Virgin Olive oil, because it's low in cholesterol)
- 1 teaspoon white ground cumin (1 teaspoon)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red chili powder (half Teaspoon or go-ahead make it hotter by using 1 Teaspoon) (optional)
- 1 pinch black pepper (a pinch or a little more to make it more spicier)
- 1 pinch salt (a pinch)
- First chop/dice the onions, tomatoes, green chilies,(and red peppers/breakfast meat if you want) in little cubes and put them aside.
- Now heat up a frying pan (I use a frying pan because it's nice and wide and gets a good sauté job done!).
- Once the frying pan is warm, add 1-2 table spoons of the olive oil (olive oil is great for low cholesterol, but any regular greaser will do).
- Let the oil heat up for 30 seconds.
- Now add the chopped onions, this should accompany the sizzling sound.
- Sauté the onion till a light golden( or light brown), now add 1 teaspoon of white cumin Seed power, add the 1 teaspoon of red chili power, add 1/2 teaspoon salt and add as much black pepper as you wish.
- Mix the ingredients in the pan with the onion for 30 seconds.
- Now add the tomatoes, green chilies and the red peppers and breakfast meat.
- Last but not least--add the eggs!
- Make sure the pan IS NOT TOO HOT so nothing gets burnt.
- Stir the ingredients around, Sauté the eggs along with the vegetables!
- Once the eggs are golden brown.
- Sprinkle the eggs with freshly chopped parsley.
- You can use the eggs in between bread as sandwiches or eat it by itself.
- People in Peshawar eat it with freshly made bread from the tandoor (clay oven).
- I hope you liked this recipe.
- For vegetarian, omit the meat.