Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Found on http://arabic-food.blogspot.com/. I have seen elswhere that it is common to Oman. I'm posting it here because I want to try it soon. I'm guessing at the yield, the photo on the recipe shows it in 4 pieces made in different sized and shaped molds.
- Sift the flour and add it to a large saucepan placed over medium heat. Toss flour and stir continuously until golden brown. Remove from heat and sift again.
- Add water, saffron, sugar, cardamom, rose water, desiccated coconut and half the quantity of butter to a large saucepan. Bring ingredients to boil.
- Add the toasted flour gradually to the water while stirring continuously.
- Add remaining butter, and stir until well combined. Cover and cook on very low heat for 30 minutes. Remove from heat and cool.
- Add Sweetened Condensed Milk and stir until well combined.
- Serve at room temperature with coffee.