Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is Diana P. Cherian's recipe from the Thursday magazine dated June 3-9' 2004. Enjoy!
- 5 cups plain flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 pinch saffron
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 1 teaspoon green cardamom powder
- 4 cups water
- 5 almonds, blanched and sliced, to garnish
- Put the flour in a flat pan and brown it on medium heat without the oil.
- In a separate pan, put water, sugar and saffron.
- Cook on high heat till it boils.
- Add the browned flour and mix well.
- Now add the oil and cardamom and mix well.
- Let the mixture thicken until it gains a sticky consistency.
- Remove from heat, garnish with almonds, if desired and serve.