1/1 Photo of KFC Potato Wedges (Copycat)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups pre-sifted all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup seasoning (Bulk KFC Original Recipe Seasoning (Copycat))
RECOMMENDED FRYING OIL (I USE PEANUT OIL)
- pure vegetable shortening or vegetable oil
- 1RESERVE 1/2 level cup of prepared Bulk KFC Original Recipe Seasoning (Copycat) (without added flour).
- 2SELECT as many premium small-sized, blemish-free white or russet potatoes needed (1 potato = 1 serving); SCRUB skins and rinse.
- 3CUT potatoes in half lengthwise, then cut each half into 3 wedges, yielding 6 potato wedges per potato (if you are using larger potatoes, you can cut each potato into 8 wedges).
- 4SOAK potatoes refrigerated for several hours or overnight in BRINE mixture (4 cups cold water, 2 teaspoons salt, 2 teaspoons Accent seasoning (recommended flavor enhancer).
- 5MEASURE 2 cups all-purpose flour with the 1/2 cup Bulk KFC Original Recipe Seasoning (Copycat) into a large sealable container, such as a GLAD food storage container or a Ziploc bag; SHAKE container and mix well.
- 6REMOVE a few wedges from brine using tongs; PLACE wedges (a few at a time) into SEASONED FLOUR container.
- 7SEAL firmly and shake potato wedges in all motions to thoroughly coat; PLACE coated pieces on a paper-towel lined plate until all wedges are breaded; ALLOW potatoes to rest a few minutes, to absorb breading.
- 8USE enough pure vegetable shortening or peanut oil (or both) to immerse potatoes completely in a deep heavy pot, or add manufacturer's recommended amount of oil to deep-fryer; VERY SLOWLY heat oil in gradual increments oil to 350°F until preheated.
- 9FRY potato wedges completely immersed in 350°F fat without overcrowding, in a deep-fryer and fry until crisp golden brown and potatoes are tender within; SEASON with sea salt if desired.
- 10SERVE with ketchup and/or ranch dressing and ENJOY!
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for KFC Potato Wedges (Copycat)
Serving Size: 1 (274 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 322.1
- Calories from Fat 6
- Total Fat 0.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1432.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 69.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 1.1 g
- Protein 8.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: