Prep 2 mins
Cook 10 mins
The Original Recipe is not packaged in three different places. The way it is cooked and the process makes it taste like it has eleven herbs and spices when in reality there is not. The way it is done in the restaurant is using dried eggs and milk in the flour along with a box of breading salt and the seasoning bag and a bag of breading flour.
- 2 fryer chickens, cut up into 8 pieces and marinated
- 6 cups Crisco shortening
- 1 egg, well beaten
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons ground pepper
- 3 tablespoons salt
- 1 teaspoon msg
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 dash paprika
- Place shortening into the pressure cooker and heat over medium heat to the shortening reaches 400°F.
- In a small bowl, combine the egg and milk.
- In a separate bowl, combine the remaining six dry ingredients.
- Dip each piece of chicken into the milk until fully moistened.
- Roll the moistened chicken in the flour mixture until well coated.
- In groups of four or five, drop the covered chicken pieces into the shortening and lock the lid.
- When pressure builds up cook for 10 minutes.
- RELEASE TO MANUFACTURER'S INSTRUCTIONS.
- Note: To those that wish to marinade. I suggest (CopyCat) Kentucky Fried Chicken Marinade #75408.
Its very important to let people know that the pressure cooker needs to be a low pressure not high....KFC use low pressure cooker...using a hign pressure is life threatning!!!!!
This does not give proper instruction you can not use a pressure cooker...this is meant for a pressure fryer....never use a pressure cooker to deep fry under pressure
We love this recipe. The only thing I changed was dropped the salt down to 1 Tablespoon & no MSG. Also, if you use boneless, skinless chicken you can use a regular deep fryer. Do everything as the recipe says, then put 2 - 3 tenders in the deep fryer. Flip them over after about 3 minutes and wait until they float. We have this at least once a month because we like it so well.