1/1 Photo of KFC Original Recipe Chicken Livers (Copycat)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 -4 lbs premium quality fresh chicken livers
- 4 cups cold water
- 1 tablespoon fine sea salt
- 1 teaspoon Accent seasoning (recommended flavor enhancer)
- 2 cups pre-sifted all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup seasoning (Bulk KFC Original Recipe Seasoning (Copycat))
RECOMMENDED FRYING OIL (I USE PEANUT OIL)
- vegetable oil or pure vegetable shortening
- 1MARINATE chicken livers at least 2 hours in refrigerator, in blended BRINE ingredients: 4 cups cold water, 1 tablespoon fine sea salt, 1 teaspoon Accent seasoning; COVER; TURN chicken livers periodically with tongs during marination.
- 2MEASURE 2 cups flour and 1/2 cup Bulk KFC Original Recipe Seasoning (Copycat) (one batch without added flour) into a large sealable container, such as a GLAD food storage container or a Ziploc bag.
- 3SHAKE container and mix well.
- 4REMOVE chicken from brine with tongs; RINSE or soak chicken in very warm water.
- 5PLACE a few pieces breaded livers at a time into the SEASONED FLOUR mixture container; SEAL container firmly; SHAKE gently in all motions to thoroughly coat livers.
- 6PLACE breaded pieces on a wire rack when livers are evenly and generously breaded.
- 7ALLOW chicken livers to rest and absorb the breading for a few minutes before frying.
- 8PREHEAT the manufacturer's recommended amount frying oil in your deep-fryer between to 315°F (OR) preheat enough fat to immerse chicken completely in deep heavy stovetop pot to 315°F (use a deep-fryer thermometer to gauge).
- 9ADD breaded chicken livers to the elevated fry basket in deep-fryer without crowding; LOWER the basket slowly into the hot oil; TURN livers only once midway, frying until golden brown and fully cooked, about 10-12 minutes. DRAIN on a wire rack over a paper towel-lined baking sheet; TRANSFER rack over a baking sheet and keep chicken livers warmed in a preheated 170°F oven until serving.
- 10SERVE and enjoy!
Browse Our Top Chicken Livers Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Livers Recipes
Nutritional Facts for KFC Original Recipe Chicken Livers (Copycat)
Serving Size: 1 (176 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 331.5
- Calories from Fat 69
- Total Fat 7.7 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 521.6 mg
- Sodium 1269.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 29.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: