Prep 8 mins
Cook 15 mins
My reverse-engineered recipe for KFC's "Mac & Cheese", by request.
- 680.38 g uncooked large elbow macaroni
- 799.67 ml skim milk (or 9 Tbsps whole milk with 9 Tbsps water)
- 44.37 ml nonfat dry milk powder
- 14.78 ml cornstarch
- 7.39 ml mustard powder
- 1.87 ml seasoning salt
- 0.75 ml white pepper
- 1020.58 g Velveeta cheese, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 354.88 ml shredded cheddar cheese
- NOTE: PREPARE EXACTLY AS DIRECTED. USE LARGE ELBOW MACARONI.
- INTO 1 1/8 cups of milk, whisk in the nonfat dry milk, cornstarch, mustard powder, seasoning salt and white pepper.
- CUT Velveeta Original cheese into 1/2-inch cubes.
- SHRED 1/2 cup cheddar cheese.
- COOK (boil) macaroni according to package directions.
- DRAIN macaroni and return to pot.
- ADD the remaining ingredients except cheddar cheese and stir over medium heat.
- STIR mixture often without letting mixture boil (reduce heat if this happens), until thickened and glossy in appearance.
- ADD the shredded cheddar cheese until melted and creamy.
- SERVE immediately and enjoy.