Recipe by Parkers Mom
These are so yummy and they do taste just like kfc's honey bbq strips. enjoy!!
Top Review by still learning 09
MMMMM! This is so good! I actually soaked the chicken in chicken bouillon first, and it made it super flavorful. I use Sweet Baby Ray's bbq sauce (DH's favorite), and cut chicken into nuggets instead of strips. This makes a good amount, so you could really freeze some and reheat in oven later. Those were our plans, but it was so good that it didn't make it to the ziploc bag!
- 2 lbs chicken tenders
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 cup buttermilk
- vegetable oil (for frying)
- 1 cup hickory flavored barbecue sauce (Hienz)
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix flour, salt and pepper in bowl.
- Set aside.
- Place buttermilk in seperate bowl.
- Heat oil for frying and dips chicken strips in flour then in buttermilk and then in flour again.
- Place in hot oil and fry until lightly golden brown.
- Remove strips and drain.
- Place all BBQ sauce ingredients in a small sauce pan and simmer on low stirring frequently for 20 minutes. Let sauce cool.
- Dip one chicken strip in sauce at a time and place in a baking pan that has been sprayed lightly with a non stick spray.
- Place in a preheated oven at 350 and bake for 20 minutes.