Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
The easiest recipe yet for honey barbecue wings similar to those at KFC. From America's Most Wanted Recipes - Copycat Versions of Everyone's Best-Loved Food.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 20 chicken drummettes
- 2 cups barbecue sauce (use only Bull's-Eye brand)
- 3⁄4 cup honey
- vegetable oil, for deep-frying
- Combine the flour, salt, and pepper in a dish and coat the chicken in the flour mixture.
- Heat the barbecue sauce and honey in a saucepan. Once warm, reduce the heat to a simmer.
- Add the oil to a deep-fryer and theat to 375°.
- Deep-fry the chicken, 6 to 8 pieces at a time, for 15 minutes or until cooked thoroughly.
- Drain the chicken on paper towels and smother with the barbecue sauce mixture.
Instead of using drummettes I cut chicken breast fillets into strips. After deep-frying I put the chicken into the pot of sauce one batch at a time and stirred them around to coat before putting them on a platter. Very good recipe. Everyone loved it.