Recipe by 911spatcher
I got this recipe right off the KFC website.----Like the Chicken recipes Gravy is another immensely popular item in the KFC menu. It has a distinct taste and liked by many people around the world.
Top Review by Ransomed by Fire
This has quickly become my favorite homemade chicken gravy recipe. I have adapted it to use chicken bouillon, beef bouillon, cornstarch, and water in place of the broth and gravy, and it seems to work just fine. It really does taste alot like KFC gravy, even without the sage and Accent seasoning which I usually leave out. However, it is rather time-consuming to make and requires quite a bit of attention in the roux stage. But that doesn't stop me from coming back to it again and again. Thanks!
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons shortening, melted
- 3 tablespoons bread flour
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 (10 ounce) cancampbell's condensed chicken stock
- 1 (10 ounce) can water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon Accent seasoning
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 10 ounces franco american beef gravy
- 1 pinch ground sage
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare roux with the melted shortening and 1 1/2 tablespoon of breading flour. Cook this over low heat until the roux browns in color to resemble a nice milk chocolate color. Once the mixture turns brown remove it from the heat and add the remaining flour and slowly add the liquids and other ingredients to incorporate it so no lumps are formed. Bring this mixture to a boil. Boil this mixture for 2 minutes after that reduce the heat and allow the mixture to thicken. Its ready to be served.