Recipe by Grimm's Restaurant Tales
From Top Secret Recipes www.topsecretrecipes.com. If you have a fryer, these are the real deal, fried first, then tossed hooter's style.
- 295.73 ml ketchup
- 78.07 ml white vinegar
- 59.14 ml molasses
- 59.14 ml honey
- 2.46 ml salt
- 4.92 ml liquid smoke flavoring
- 1.23 ml onion powder
- 1.23 ml chili powder
- 1419.54-1892.72 ml vegetable oil
- 20 chicken wings
- 1 egg, beaten
- 236.59 ml milk
- 473.18 ml flour
- 12.32 ml salt
- 3.69 ml pepper
- 3.69 ml msg
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine first 8 ingredients in a small saucepan over med. heat. Stir until well combined and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer uncovered 20- 25 minute.
- As sauce is simmering, heat up oil in a deep fryer set to 350°F.
- Combine the beaten egg with the milk in a small bowl. In another small bowl, combine the flour, S&P and MSG.
- When oil is hot, dip each wing 1st in flour mixture, then milk mixture, back into flour. Fry in oil for 8-12 minute Add a minute or so if the breading isn't crisp enough for you. Drain. In LARGE bowl toss wing with sauce using tongs to really coat each wing.
- Serve immediately.