Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Notes: MSG stands for MonosodiumGlutamate. It is a spice, found in your grocery store. It can be sold as MSG or under the brand name "Accent". Some people are extremely allergic to MSG, over 98% of the population is not. It serves to make flavors stronger, and almost pop right out at you. This recipe used to call for Fines herbs, but most people have difficulty in obtaining them. Fines herbs used to be used more frequently many years ago. Fines herbs was a poultry seasoning. Since so many people have difficultly in obtaining the herb, it has been removed from the recipe. If you can access Fines herbs add 2 teaspoons to the flour mixture.
- Cover chicken with mixture of water and salt. Chill in bowl for least 1 hour.
- Combine herbs, onion powder, seasoned salt, instant chicken broth, and pepper in a blender and mix well.
- Place this mixture in a bowl.
- Add the flour to this bowl.
- Mix flour and seasonings well.
- Remove chicken from water, and dip it into the flour mixture coat well.
- Place coated pieces on a plate for 5 minutes.
- Pressure cook 10 psi 10 minutes Note: Find the Fines Herbs if you can.
- It makes a great deal of difference. Steve.
I made this about three years ago to take with us to Paramount Canada's Wonderland along with some rice and vegetables. It was the first time I made it and wasn't sure how it would turn out. My family loved it. Even my oh so picky eater son...he gobbled up three legs. I made it once agin about a year later when we went to Wonderland again with family and friends and they loved it. This is now my picnic food whenever we have day trips and family outings. Fantastic recipe.