Kitchen Baked Chicken - tastes like KFC
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 tablespoon dry mustard
- 1/2 tablespoon ground French thyme
- 1/2 tablespoon ground dried sweet basil leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground oregano
- 1/2 tablespoon ground ginger
- 1/2 tablespoon nutmeg (optional if you want the original KFC flavor) (optional)
- 1 cup yellow mustard (for the rub, any cheap yellow mustard)
- 1Use 2 to 3 pounds of cut up chicken - skin on. Legs and thighs work best and breasts are OK.
- 2The above mix makes a lot! Start with a tablespoon or 2 and increase to coat the chicken. Toss in a gallon bag to cover.
- 3Make sure that the chicken is moist but NOT WET. Frozen chicken tends to be wet. Dry it with paper towels before shaking it.
- 4So what is the extra secret? Hand rub the chicken pieces with cheap yellow mustard before shaking them in the above mix. The mustard does not add a mustard taste.
- 520 minutes per pound at 375 degrees or just at high for a Nu-Wave.
Browse Our Top Whole Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Whole Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for KFC Flavor Baked Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (71 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 178.0
- Calories from Fat 32
- Total Fat 3.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 2454.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.9 g
- Sugars 1.0 g
- Protein 7.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: