Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Kitchen Baked Chicken - tastes like KFC
Make and share this KFC Flavor Baked Chicken recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄2 tablespoon dry mustard
- 1⁄2 tablespoon ground French thyme
- 1⁄2 tablespoon ground dried sweet basil leaves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground oregano
- 1⁄2 tablespoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 tablespoon nutmeg (optional if you want the original KFC flavor) (optional)
- 1 cup yellow mustard (for the rub, any cheap yellow mustard)
- Use 2 to 3 pounds of cut up chicken - skin on. Legs and thighs work best and breasts are OK.
- The above mix makes a lot! Start with a tablespoon or 2 and increase to coat the chicken. Toss in a gallon bag to cover.
- Make sure that the chicken is moist but NOT WET. Frozen chicken tends to be wet. Dry it with paper towels before shaking it.
- So what is the extra secret? Hand rub the chicken pieces with cheap yellow mustard before shaking them in the above mix. The mustard does not add a mustard taste.
- 20 minutes per pound at 375 degrees or just at high for a Nu-Wave.