Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a copycat recipe developed by Top Secret Recipes (topsecretrecipes.com). It's delicious & easy...my husband LOVES it and doesn't even know it's fat free! The trick is to chop the cabbage, carrot & onion into small, rice-sized bits if you want the texture of the original. I run all the veggies through the shredder of my food processor which does it in short order! *original* KFC cole slaw has 210 calories/10.5g of fat for the same size serving!!! ENJOY!
- 1 cup fat-free Miracle Whip
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 8 cups cabbage, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup carrot, shredded then minced
- 2 tablespoons minced onions
- Combine Miracle Whip with sugar in a large bowl.
- Mix well with electric beater until sugar is dissolved.
- Add cabbage, carrot& onion and toss well.
- Be sure cabbage and carrot are chopped into very small pieces, about the size of rice.
- Cover& chill for at least 2 hours before serving, but is best if allowed to chill overnight.
My family LOVES this recipe! I've even substitued Splenda for the sugar and no one was any wiser. I usually use a package of coleslaw mix and add chopped red onion. The trick is waiting until the next day to eat it....if you can wait that long!