1/2 Photos of Kfc Extra Tasty Crispy Chicken
Petite Mommy's Note:
Chicken fried in a tasty coating. This dish has been a work in progress. I started with the recipe from http://fooddownunder.com and we began adding ingredients to get it the way we felt it was best. The marinade remains unchanged, but the coating has changed dramatically. The original cooking temperature says 350 degrees but my deep fryer designates 360. So, you may need to adjust this to your fryer. Hope you enjoy trying it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 whole frying chicken, cut up
- 6 cups vegetable oil (to 8 cups)
- 1Trim any excess skin and fat from the chicken pieces. Preheat the oil in a deep-fryer to 350-360°.
- 2Combine the water, salt and MSG for the marinade in a large bowl. Add the chicken to the bowl and let it sit for 20 minutes. Turn the chicken a couple times as it marinates.
- 3Combine the beaten egg and milk in a medium bowl. In another medium bowl, combine the remaining coating ingredients (flour, salt, pepper and MSG).
- 4When the chicken has marinated, transfer each piece to paper towels so that excess liquid can drain off. Working with one piece at a time, first coat the chicken with the dry flour mixture, then the egg and milk mixture, and then back into the flour. Be sure that each piece is coated very generously. Stack the chicken on a plate or cookie sheet until each piece has been coated.
- 5Drop the chicken, one piece at a time into the hot oil. Fry half of the chicken at a time (4 pieces) for 12 to 15 minutes, or until it is golden brown. You should be sure to stir the chicken around halfway through the cooking time so that each piece cooks evenly.
- 6Remove the chicken to a rack or towels to drain for about 5 minutes before eating.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kfc Extra Tasty Crispy Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (3304 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 269.9
- Calories from Fat 96
- Total Fat 10.7 g
- Saturated Fat 3.4 g
- Cholesterol 73.8 mg
- Sodium 1666.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 15.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: