After he perfected his original he made a crispy recipe that was marinated first then fried the conventional way. This one is double dunked into the coating to give it its great taste.
My Private Note
whole c ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Trim any excess skin and fat from the chicken pieces.
- 2Preheat the shortening in a deep-fryer to 350 degrees.
- 3Combine the beaten egg and milk in a medium bowl.
- 4In another medium bowl, combine the remaining coating ingredients (flour, salt, pepper and MSG).
- 5When the chicken has marinated, transfer each piece to paper towels so that excess liquid can drain off.
- 6Working with one piece at a time, first dip in egg and milk then coat the chicken with the dry flour mixture, then the egg and milk mixture again, and then back into the flour.
- 7Be sure that each piece is coated very generously.
- 8Stack the chicken on a plate or cookie sheet until each piece has been coated.
- 9Drop the chicken, one piece at a time into the hot shortening.
- 10Fry half of the chicken at a time (4 pieces) for 12-15 minutes, or until it is golden brown.
- 11You should be sure to stir the chicken around halfway through the cooking time so that each piece cooks evenly.
- 12Remove the chicken to a rack or towels to drain for about 5 minutes before eating.
- 13Note: I suggest (CopyCat) Kentucky Fried Chicken Marinade #75408.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for KFC Extra Crispy (Copycat)
Serving Size: 1 (2252 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 13006.5
- Calories from Fat 11839
- Total Fat 1315.5 g
- Saturated Fat 334.8 g
- Cholesterol 565.1 mg
- Sodium 6377.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 204.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.3 g
- Sugars 0.9 g
- Protein 125.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: