Recipe by JustaQT
The Colonel used to sell chicken nuggets that were tasty but he thought 'Why not prepare fresh chicken strips of all white meat?' and that is how the Colonel's Crispy Strips were born. You will notice it is the same as the Extra Crispy.
- 6 chicken breasts
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 3⁄4 teaspoon msg
- 1⁄8 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon baking powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut 6 chicken Breasts into strips, or you can buy chicken tenders in the store.
- Marinate them overnight. I suggest (CopyCat) Kentucky Fried Chicken Marinade #75408.
- Preheat the shortening in a deep-fryer to 350 degrees.
- Beat 1 egg and 1 cup of milk.
- Dip the chicken into the egg mixture.
- Dip the the chicken into the coating and then double dip.
- Fry in fryer a few at a time till they are golden brown about 5 minutes or until they float.
- Remove the chicken to a rack and allow to drain for 5 minutes.