Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This fried chicken is a homemade version of the KFC fried chicken I just love it I mean come on who doesn't like fried chicken.
- 4 chicken drumsticks
- 118.29 ml milk
- 2 eggs
- 591.47 ml flour
- 78.07 ml onion powder
- 78.07 ml garlic powder
- 14.79 ml salt
- 14.79 ml pepper
- 78.07 ml paprika
- 709.77 ml vegetable oil
- Put the eggs and the milk into one bowl and mix them.
- Put the flour, garlic, powder, onion powder, salt, pepper, and paprika into a bowl and mix.
- Take the chicken with the skin on it and dip it into the egg wash (an egg wash is milk and egg mixed).
- Then dip it in the flour.
- Then dip it in the egg wash one more time.
- Then dip it in the flour one more time.
- Heat the oil in a pot (test the oil by putting a piece of egg wash and flour into it if it sizzles and rises to the top that means the oil is hot enough for the chicken).
- Put the chicken into the oil and cook it for 15 mins.
- When the chicken is golden brown its good if not cook it more.
The "real" KFC chicken is made in a pressure cooker.
This recipe is total BS. The KFC recipe has been in my family for over 40yrs. Sanders was best friends with my great uncle. The original recipe has been handed down each generation.