Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Copy Cat Recipe. I received a ton from my mom.. Here's another...I haven't adjusted anything :O) On some I had to guess on the time and servings if I haven't tried them.
- 8 cups cabbage, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup carrot, shredded
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup buttermilk
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Cut cabbage and carrots into small pieces about the size of rice kernels (the food processor is great for this!).
- In a salad bowl, combine the sugar, salt, pepper, milk, mayonnaise, buttermilk, vinegar and lemon juice. Beat until smooth. Add the cabbage and carrots. Mix well. Cover and refrigerate.
First time I made this I cut cabbage and carrots in my food processor very fine. Slaw was excellant! just like KFC. Then I made another batch and was short on time and used the already shreded cabbage and carrot mix. Not the same - very runny and flavor was close to KFC but not as good as my first batch. So I will stick to shredding it myself. Great Recipie!!!
WOW What a great recipe we all loved it. I added red onion for color and instead of milk I added half and half made the dressing creamier. I will make this alot its really soooo good. Thanks for a great recipe.
If this isn't the original...it sure seems close. I followed the recipe exactly and it turned out looking and tasting just like KFC's coleslaw. I took it to a church picnic and got a lot of compliments. Thanks so much...when I make coleslaw from now on this is recipe I'll be using.