Prep 4 hrs 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
My revised reverse-engineered recipe for KFC's coleslaw.
- 118.29 ml real mayonnaise
- 118.29 ml milk
- 78.07 ml sugar
- 59.14 ml Miracle Whip
- 9.85 ml cider vinegar
- 9.85 ml pineapple juice
- 4.92 ml lemon juice
- 1.23 ml coriander powder
- 1.23 ml salt (or to taste)
- 4.92 ml minced fresh white onion (use a garlic press)
- 946.36 ml finely chopped cored green cabbage
- 78.07 ml finely chopped peeled carrot
- ADD the following DRESSING ingredients into a large bowl: 1/2 cup real mayonnaise, 1/2 cup milk, 1/3 cup sugar, 1/4 cup Miracle Whip, 2 teaspoons cider vinegar, 2 teaspoons pineapple juice, 1 teaspoon lemon juice, 1/4 teaspoon coriander powder, 1/4 teaspoon salt (or to taste).
- CUT 1-2 small wedges of white onion, each to the size of a garlic clove; PLACE onion wedge into garlic press; SQUEEZE onion pulp and juice to measure 1 teaspoon; ADD to other ingredients in bowl.
- WHISK together DRESSING ingredients until smooth, creamy and opalescent, using a wire whisk.
- CHOP COLESLAW ingredients to specifications, using a food processor if desired (4 cups cabbage should be cut to approximately 1/4 inch pieces; 1/3 cup carrots should be cut to approximately 1/8 inch thick x 1/4 inch long pieces.
- ADD prepped COLESLAW ingredients into large bowl containing DRESSING.
- BLEND all ingredients together until combined.
- COVER and refrigerate at 4 hours to overnight (I like it best the second day).
- COMBINE coleslaw well before serving.
- SERVE with your favorite dish (or by itself as I often do).
Great, fast & easy! I did use the packaged shredded slaw mix to save time. This is the REAL THING!
I don't even like KFC coleslaw anymore, since it is not the same, and hasn't been good for a while now. Me and my dear hubby loved this! Mr. DH gives this his seal of approval, he's a tough cookie to please. i love the flavors of the coriander and the pineapple juice.
I've tried so many KFC copycat coleslaw recipes online and this one is definitely the best!!! It tastes exactly like it!!!