Prep4 hrs 20 mins
My revised reverse-engineered recipe for KFC's coleslaw.
Make and share this KFC Coleslaw (Copycat) recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup real mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup Miracle Whip
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons pineapple juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh white onion (use a garlic press)
- 4 cups finely chopped cored green cabbage
- 1⁄3 cup finely chopped peeled carrot
- ADD the following DRESSING ingredients into a large bowl: 1/2 cup real mayonnaise, 1/2 cup milk, 1/3 cup sugar, 1/4 cup Miracle Whip, 2 teaspoons cider vinegar, 2 teaspoons pineapple juice, 1 teaspoon lemon juice, 1/4 teaspoon coriander powder, 1/4 teaspoon salt (or to taste).
- CUT 1-2 small wedges of white onion, each to the size of a garlic clove; PLACE onion wedge into garlic press; SQUEEZE onion pulp and juice to measure 1 teaspoon; ADD to other ingredients in bowl.
- WHISK together DRESSING ingredients until smooth, creamy and opalescent, using a wire whisk.
- CHOP COLESLAW ingredients to specifications, using a food processor if desired (4 cups cabbage should be cut to approximately 1/4 inch pieces; 1/3 cup carrots should be cut to approximately 1/8 inch thick x 1/4 inch long pieces.
- ADD prepped COLESLAW ingredients into large bowl containing DRESSING.
- BLEND all ingredients together until combined.
- COVER and refrigerate at 4 hours to overnight (I like it best the second day).
- COMBINE coleslaw well before serving.
- SERVE with your favorite dish (or by itself as I often do).