Recipe by Dixie from Kansas
I worked for KFC for 3 years and coleslaw making was a near daily occurrence. This is the real recipe scaled down to table size. I see lot of recipes claiming to be the real thing but none are. This is the real thing. The sugar amount is not a typo. ***I updated the recipe because I left out the onion
Top Review by Noodles78
This is how KFC in Australia used to make their coleslaw but with normal white vinegar instead of cider and some onion thrown in. Great recipe that I have been searching a while for. Thanks for posting.
- 2 lbs coleslaw mix (cabbage mix)
- 2 tablespoons onions, chopped
- 1 cup Miracle Whip
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup salad oil
- 1⁄4 cup cider vinegar
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all ingredients except cabbage mix/onion.
- Pour over cabbage mix.
- Mix well and refrigerate.
- Stir a few times before serving.
- Slaw best if made several hours before serving. It will get watery after several hours but that is normal. It will keep for 3 day in the fridge.