Prep 13 hrs
Cook 0 mins
This was sent to a recipe group, AARestaurant_Recipes, by tabbitha.
- 8 1⁄8 cups cabbage
- 1⁄3 cup carrot
- 1 teaspoon onion, chopped fine
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄8 cup milk
- 3⁄4 cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- First core and shred the cabbage finely using the fine shredder disk attachment for the food processor.
- Then shred the carrots.
- In a bowl combine the buttermilk, mayonnaise, milk and lemon juice. Mix with a whisk till well combined.
- Then add the seasoning.
- Add the sugar to the sauce and mix well.
- Lastly, add the sauce to the cabbage and carrot mixture and mix well Allow the mixture to marinate for 13 hrs.
Made this for dinner to go with barbequed chicken wings and baked potatoes. Yummy! Thanks for a great recipe! I didn't have buttermilk so I used a little sour cream with milk. It worked fine!
whenever i make this it gets "gone" quick...my dd loves it...tastes very much like kfc's
Very nice Coleslaw. I made it exactly as directed. Thank you. Made for Everyday is a Holiday tag game.