Recipe by JustaQT
This was sent to a recipe group, AARestaurant_Recipes, by tabbitha.
Top Review by Sharon123
Made this for dinner to go with barbequed chicken wings and baked potatoes. Yummy! Thanks for a great recipe! I didn't have buttermilk so I used a little sour cream with milk. It worked fine!
- 8 1⁄8 cups cabbage
- 1⁄3 cup carrot
- 1 teaspoon onion, chopped fine
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄8 cup milk
- 3⁄4 cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
Directions See How It's Made
- First core and shred the cabbage finely using the fine shredder disk attachment for the food processor.
- Then shred the carrots.
- In a bowl combine the buttermilk, mayonnaise, milk and lemon juice. Mix with a whisk till well combined.
- Then add the seasoning.
- Add the sugar to the sauce and mix well.
- Lastly, add the sauce to the cabbage and carrot mixture and mix well Allow the mixture to marinate for 13 hrs.